Wednesday, June 4, 2008

How Can I Help?




I met a really great Doctor in Billings. He helped get me information that I needed to get started on our journey. He gave me the names of families and support groups that could contact. He is the doctor that deals with high-risk pregnancies, and I have diabetes, and so, I was referred to him. He did the last ulta-sound on Cobee, the week that he was born. It turns out that he was from Idaho, and had attended ISU--where I attended. My in-laws know his wife's family. It's a small world. He was so great and helpful. When families find out that their baby will be born with Down syndrome, they are referred to him. So I went to him and asked how I could help. Was there anything that I could do for families that see him? He told me that sometimes a parent's testimony can impact another, and strike a chord with someone else. It could mean saving a baby from abortion, or adoption. So I decided that I wanted to help. I wrote a song about my thoughts on motherhood, and felt like it was appropriate. My friend had taken some pics of Cobee and me while I was in Idaho, and they were perfect for the cover of this CD. I will try to upload the song and here is the CD cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment