Friday, October 10, 2008

Victory for the Cobee!


The Cobee has mastered the art of rolling over! Some of you may recognize how significant this is for a baby only 5 months old with Down syndrome, and some of you may not. They usually don't start to roll over for several more months due to low muscle tone in their bodies. But not the Cobester!! It is amazing to me how much I have taken for granted all of the little things, like rolling over, for instance, that came so easily for my other boys. I guess sometimes I lose site of the miracles that take place every day. I didn't realize how much of a miracle rolling over is, or even a baby that can nurse without difficulty, or a baby being able to hold up his head, or how much of a miracle it is for a baby to grasp onto a toy. The list could go on and on. It takes hard work and effort on all of our parts, especially Cobee's, in order for him to master milestones of development. Each milestone reached and mastered is a victory none the less, and causes reason to celebrate. Too bad I didn't realize that 3 boys ago! Thanks for keeping me grounded Cobester!

No comments:

Post a Comment