Friday, May 15, 2009

A really great blog


I found a really good blog created by a mother of a 15 year old boy with Down syndrome. She has some really awesome info on there. One thing that stood out to me was the fact that 90% of mothers with a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome have an abortion. WHAT!?!? 90%???? I had no idea. The tears have been streaming down my face all day. She had a great way of saying that the extra chromosome that they have only bring about lots of other extras, like, charm, enthusiasm, and innocence. I couldn't agree more. There is something about those little spirits. I look at all of God's children through different eyes now, thanks to Cobee. What an angel. I wish every parent could know. So when I wonder if my efforts to reach out to other parents about having a chid with a dissability is worth while, you better believe it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment