Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Eye Surgery


We learn something every day! I ran into a lady with a 20 year old DS boy that I started talking to. We shared stories and pictures. She asked me if Cobee had gotten the eye surgery. "What do you mean?" I asked her to expand. She informed me that a lot of babies with DS do not have tear ducts, which causes fluid to collect beneath their eyes, and can also cause drainage in their throats...which can lead to bigger problems. My mind raced as I thought about all of these same physical challenges we had been facing with Cobee, and I called his doctor right away. Sure enough, Cobee had the same condition. How interesting is life? I just happened to run into that lady...she just happened to mention that eye condition. I have no idea what even made her mention it, but is has changed Cobee's health so much! Just that one little, what seems to be, insignificant piece to our body's puzzle turned out to be such a significant thing for Cobee's well-being. He now eats better...which helps his bowel movements. He is not so congested in his nasal region. His eyes are not so swollen and red. He cries tears! We run into people at the right place at the right time for a reason!!

No comments:

Post a Comment